Step 4: Contract Manufacturing
For the toll-production, we rely on a broad base of technological possibilities. A smooth transfer from the pilot to the large scale production units (five lines in full production) enables the toll production of commercial quantities up to 10,000 tons per year of a certain product.
A whole range of different conditioning units are available in order to bring the most different starting materials in the requested form for further processing in the fluidized bed, such as:
- Heated vessels with specific stirring systems suitable to prepare solutions, dispersions or emulsions
- Stainless-steel units equipped with special devices to carry out (simple) chemical reactions (e.g. neutralisations) ahead of a subsequent spraying of the resulting product
Our versatile, multipurpose and computerized production units are able to carry out the spray drying or spray granulation, coating, agglomeration or encapsulation of the most different starting materials, simple commodities or sophisticated multi-component formulations for each quantity size between 1 ton or several hundreds of tons per campaign at competitive manufacturing costs.
Starting from solid, liquid, pasty or dusty raw materials powders and free-flowing granulates (with particle sizes between 20 µm up to 5,000 µm – depending on customer’s requirement) can be generated in continuously run or batch wise driven processes. Process optimizations and specifically developed operational steps can deliver particles with improved characteristics or even with new properties.
A continuous sieving of the particles during the ongoing manufacturing campaign delivers a final product with agreed particle size characteristics. An on-line recycling of the resulting over- and undersized particles helps to minimize material losses.
A strict quality control through state-of-the-art particle analysis helps to confirm that all agreed specifications are fulfilled by the final particles.
The toll production is supported through a selection of flexible handling, packaging, storage and delivery services such as:
- Heated storage tanks for incoming bulk liquid raw materials
- Silos and containers for solid powder bulk storage
- Versatile packaging lines from 1,000 kg big bags down to 20 kg bags, wrapped and palletized in neutral packaging or with your labels, ready for dispatch or storage
- Deliveries back to contracting customer or final clients
- Competitive toll manufacturing costs through large scale production campaigns
- Campaign sizes from 20 tons up to 5.000 tons provide great flexibilty
- Constant product quality through on-line process and quality control
- Supporting the production with handling, packaging, storage and transport services